The PlasmaJet has been used in over 200 liver and general surgery operations to date, both in open and laparoscopic procedures. According to surgeon feedback, it may offer important benefits to surgeons and their patients:
- Coagulation of large dissection and resection surfaces to prevent subsequent hematoma or fluid collections
- Control of biliary leakage
- Quick and effective coagulation of resected parenchyma
- Drying and cleansing tumor beds
- Safe hemostasis of the diaphragm in posterior tumor resections
- More cost effective than biological glue
- Effective on the spleen and pancreas
- Easy preparation of donor liver for transplantation with minimal damage to tissue surface
For more information on these potential benefits, please review the clinical papers on the use of PlasmaJet or request a discussion with one of our medical affairs professionals or clinical field specialists.
Ignazio R. Marino M.D., Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Pr. J. Gugenheim, Dr. A. Iannelli, Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital, Nice, France.